Limited Seating so email Green Bay Film Festival to reserve your seat! Please let them know if you will be joining the wine tasting. email@example.com!
Tickets are paid at the door $5 for the film session. Film session will begin at 7:00 pm
Doors will open for Wine Tasting at 6:15 – Regular Tasting is $5
Full servings of wine also available for purchase along with bottles of wine and more!
We will be screening a handful of shorts. More information on the shorts we will be screening can be found on our website gbfilmfestival.org
Shopping makes everyone hungry.
Don’t forget to fuel up while you are out catching all of the deals this Black Friday. Stop by Captain’s Walk Winery to recharge with our Black Friday Mimosa Brunch 10 am until 12 pm.
For $8 you can enjoy a Titletown Moscato Mimosa, fresh fruit, and a delicious egg bake. If one mimosa isn’t enough, you can purchase an extra glass for $4. While you are here, you can always purchase wine for those on your list that you just don’t know what to get. Remember, everyone loves wine, especially Captain’s Walk wine.
No need to pre-register, just stop by between Black Friday deals.
This event is exclusively for our Captain’s Quarters Wine Club members and their selected guests. The evening is filled with smells of yummy bites, tastes of premium wines and smiles among all faces in attendance. It also creates a perfect time to pick up your wine club selection and stock up on your favorites, while enjoying special discounts only club members are given.
For this Pick-up party, we will have a tent outside to accommodate all of our members and allow for some dancing room.
Let’s talk about Exclusive Savings! Glasses of the featured wines will be available for 50% off and 25% off of selected bottles purchased that night!
Bite sized snacks will be offered that pair well with our featured wines.
Captain’s Quarters Wine Club members are more than welcome to bring a friend. If you refer your friend to become a Captain’s Quarters Wine Club member, you will be given $10 off a purchase at the winery on wine or food from our Bistro to be used during a future winery visit!
Sounds like something you’d love to attend, but you aren’t a Captain’s Quarters Wine Club member… YET? You can become a Captain’s Quarters Wine Club member; learn about more of the perks by clicking here. There’s no catch, just a lot of fun and great wine discounts!
Can’t make this one? Please let us know so we can accommodate you and send you something a little special! But don’t worry, we will have a Pick Up Party each time it comes to release a club selection. Check our events calendar for updates.
Members, please be sure to RSVP with your total guest count by giving us a call or emailing Donna, our events coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 920-431-WALK (9255).
What a glorious time of year when Girl Scout cookies appear. Now that most of you have acquired your stash of cookies, it’s time to get smart about consuming this annual allotment. The only thing that could make these once a year delicacies more exciting is if we pair them WITH WINE! That’s exactly what Captain’s Walk Winery has done for you. Join us for a Girl Scout Cookie & Wine Pairing Flight. This is a unique tasting experience where you will enjoy five different wines, perfectly paired with five varieties of the Girl Scout cookies we all know and love!
This is a drop-in tasting. Reserved ticket holders are welcome to come anytime from 3-7 pm on May 17th to enjoy their wine and cookies. The flight will consist of five, 2 oz pours of each carefully chosen Captain’s Walk wine, paired with a different Girl Scout cookie. To sweeten the event, we’ll provide recommendations on wines we offer to compliment all eight cookie varieties, preparing you to continue your tasting fun at home.
The flight will feature:
- Shortbread Cookies & Chardonnay
- Thin Mints Cookies & von Stiehl’s Petite Sirah
- S’mores Cookies & Naughty Girl
- Peanut Butter Patties & Titletown Moscato
- Caramel deLites & Disappearing Treasure
For the first pairing, we will feature our Chardonnay. Its creamy and buttery texture make it a perfect match for the delicate-tasting Shortbread cookie. Next, we have selected von Stiehl’s, our sister winery that sits along Lake Michigan, Petite Sirah. This vibrant, full-bodied wine resounds with deep layers of dark fruit flavors that pair well with the oh-so popular Thin Mints. Followed by Naughty Girl, our semi-sweet red that’s always a crowd pleaser, Naughty Girl’s intense raspberry flavors are heightened when paired with one of the newest Girl Scout Cookies, S’mores. Moving a bit sweeter, our Titletown Moscato, with a fruity effervescence, sparkles when enjoyed with Peanut Butter Patties. We finish the flight with our sweet dessert style wine, Disappearing Treasure. As the name boasts, it’s hard to keep your glass full, when paired with Caramel deLites. Both treasures will disappear in one sitting.
Captain’s Walk Winery loves Girl Scout cookies and supports the scouts who supply us with them. That is why Captain’s Walk will be donating 15% of our total sales on May 17th to The Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes.
Tickets are $15.00 and can be reserved by calling us at 920-431-9255. Act fast; we have a limited number of tickets due to space!
Keep in mind, this is an adult only event!
Save the milk for your cereal and pair this year’s Girl Scout cookies with Captain’s Walk Wines for a perfect “adulting” experience!
When walking into Captain’s Walk Winery, one may at first be a bit overwhelmed at all of the delectable choices. How to possibly choose, when deciding between a double gold winner, your favorite, or something new??
It’s been proven in multiple studies, drinking wine helps eliminate stress and helps with longevity. So the question ‘Should I drink wine?’ is often an easy one. Where it gets tough is picking the wine. No matter your palate or situation, we have the wine for you!
In an effort to help you find just the right wine, we’d like to offer a few tips.
1. Ask questions. We love hearing your questions! Our tasting floor associates have great knowledge on a variety of wine whether it’s red, white, rosé or bubbly. If you would happen to stump them, PJ, our assistant winemaker isn’t too far to find.
2. What wine with what food? If you’re coming to Captain’s Walk to find a wine to pair with a food, let us know, we’d love to point out options that complement each other. A good rule of thumb is light on light and rich on rich! Our Sangiovese pairs very well with Italian tomato and cream based dishes and red meat, while our Gewurztraminer pairs well with ham, turkey, spicy Thai food and sweet spicy Caribbean food. However, when in doubt, pick our Marquette Rosé which pairs well with poultry, seafood, pork, spicy dishes, salad, Asian dishes and fresh fruit!
3. Try new things. While it may be easy to come in and grab your favorite, it’s also a great idea to sample and try something you haven’t yet had. We often make changes to our tasting guides by adding new wines, new ciders and also by bringing back special vintages. One way to be kept up to date on new wines is by following our Facebook page or checking out our events calendar for upcoming wine release parties. It all comes back to that saying your mom said, “You’ll never know, if you’ll never try.”
4. There’s always time for wine. It’s important to point out wine isn’t just great for dinner! Way before dinner, start your morning sipping on a mimosa featuring our Titletown wine. Titletown is an effervescent sparkling moscato; add as much or as little orange juice as you would like and start your day off right! After dinner we recommend enjoying a dessert wine like our port-style wine, Captain’s Mistress.
5. You do You! At Captain’s Walk, we want to make sure you are utterly satisfied. You know what you like; we are simply there to help make your experience memorable.
We’d love to hear how you choose which wine you bring home. Leave your response in the comments!