When walking into Captain’s Walk Winery, one may at first be a bit overwhelmed at all of the delectable choices. How to possibly choose, when deciding between a double gold winner, your favorite, or something new??
It’s been proven in multiple studies, drinking wine helps eliminate stress and helps with longevity. So the question ‘Should I drink wine?’ is often an easy one. Where it gets tough is picking the wine. No matter your palate or situation, we have the wine for you!
In an effort to help you find just the right wine, we’d like to offer a few tips.
1. Ask questions. We love hearing your questions! Our tasting floor associates have great knowledge on a variety of wine whether it’s red, white, rosé or bubbly. If you would happen to stump them, PJ, our assistant winemaker isn’t too far to find.
2. What wine with what food? If you’re coming to Captain’s Walk to find a wine to pair with a food, let us know, we’d love to point out options that complement each other. A good rule of thumb is light on light and rich on rich! Our Sangiovese pairs very well with Italian tomato and cream based dishes and red meat, while our Gewurztraminer pairs well with ham, turkey, spicy Thai food and sweet spicy Caribbean food. However, when in doubt, pick our Marquette Rosé which pairs well with poultry, seafood, pork, spicy dishes, salad, Asian dishes and fresh fruit!
3. Try new things. While it may be easy to come in and grab your favorite, it’s also a great idea to sample and try something you haven’t yet had. We often make changes to our tasting guides by adding new wines, new ciders and also by bringing back special vintages. One way to be kept up to date on new wines is by following our Facebook page or checking out our events calendar for upcoming wine release parties. It all comes back to that saying your mom said, “You’ll never know, if you’ll never try.”
4. There’s always time for wine. It’s important to point out wine isn’t just great for dinner! Way before dinner, start your morning sipping on a mimosa featuring our Titletown wine. Titletown is an effervescent sparkling moscato; add as much or as little orange juice as you would like and start your day off right! After dinner we recommend enjoying a dessert wine like our port-style wine, Captain’s Mistress.
5. You do You! At Captain’s Walk, we want to make sure you are utterly satisfied. You know what you like; we are simply there to help make your experience memorable.
We’d love to hear how you choose which wine you bring home. Leave your response in the comments!