You have all of the rest of the year to get work done, and Sangria Saturdays are upon us! Drive or walk over to Captain’s Walk Winery on your way home from the downtown Green Bay Saturday morning Farmers’ Markets for some delicious Sangria. You might be feeling the munchies by the time 11 am. rolls around, so every Saturday from 11-1 pm., June through August, you can purchase a carafe of our Sangria and get free market fresh chips and salsa. We’re making the Saturday Sangria fresh with ingredients from the Washington Street Saturday Farmer’s Market.
Join us at our tiki bar on the front lawn this Sangria Saturday! Be sure to stick around for lunch inside or outside from our very own bistro. Sangria Saturdays are just the appetizer course!
We know that sometimes you need a reason to consume a glass or wine (sangria) early in the day. Here’s a start. Have any to add? Please post them below. The funniest comment (by our standards) will win a meal for two including one tapas, one pizza, and one bottle of wine. We’ll choose one winner from the best posts on July 3, and second on July 10.
1. Family is visiting and you need to take them somewhere.
2. You like our wines.
3. You support local producers (like wineries).
4. You have to take the dog for a walk anyway.
5. You can buy yourself fresh flowers at the market beforehand.
6. Family is visiting and you need to get away from them. You’re ‘just running out for some wine for later’.
7. You have a big work list for the day and don’t really need a reason to procrastinate, but this will work.
8. You have to work in the office downtown Saturday afternoon and coffee just won’t do.
9. You need more fruit in your diet. Fruit in sangria will work. Sangria is made from grapes. Grapes are fruit. All good.
10. Beats exercise in the heat of summer.
11. Beats exercise.
12. It’s a reason to get together with that friend you’ve been neglecting, which means drinking sangria keeps you from neglecting your friend. Drink Sangria to become a better friend.
Value of the free meal and wine to total up to $35.